META Scholarship Program
The META scholarship program administered is made possible by the generous contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations each year.
META scholarships are range from $500 book scholarships, to $7,500 program scholarships payable over four years, for students attending four year college. Scholarships are available for students attending community college with plans to transfer after two years to a four year college as well.
To be eligible to apply for a META scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be applying, accepted or enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education as a full-time undergraduate student pursuing an academic discipline.
- Students enrolled in community or junior colleges are also eligible to apply provided they intend to enroll in and obtain a bachelor degree from a four-year accredited institution.
- Must have a 3.00 GPA and be in good academic standing.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen of Hispanic origin (defined as having one Hispanic parent or two Hispanic grandparents) residing in the 50 states or Puerto Rico.
- Preference is given to students who have demonstrated leadership or mentoring qualities through their record of involvement and participation in civic activities in school or in their communities.
- Winners of the 2015 Scholarship will be announced in June.